Home of Inventor & Entrepreneur, Jacob Sloat

Home of Inventor & Entrepreneur, Jacob Sloat

CONTINUED...

 

With the passing of Henry Sloat in December 1905, the house passed out of the hands of Sloat’s widow in 1908, beginning a period of nearly a century when Harmony Hall served local commercial and institutional needs. In the early twentieth century, the building, which was modified extensively, was used as an inn and restaurant. Later, it served as an adult living facility and a nursing home. 

 

 

Closed by the state in 2003, the building and grounds were purchased by the Town of Ramapo in January 2006 as part of its Open Space Acquisition and Preservation Program. In 2007, a grant was received from the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation to begin a major capital improvement initiative that includes full restoration of the roof, cupola, front veranda and entrance door. 

While the Town of Ramapo begins restoration work on the mansion's exterior, the Friends of Harmony Hall have been hard at work inside the mansion on interior reveals and restoration projects. Click here for more information on what we have accomplished and what we are up to.

 

Contact Us

The Friends of Harmony Hall is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Harmony Hall-Jacob Sloat House and the New York Highlands area. Your contribution to our preservation and programming efforts may be tax-deductible.

Tel.          (845) 712-5220

Email       events (at) friendsofharmonyhall.org

Address    15 Liberty Rock Rd., PO Box 293

               Sloatsburg, NY 10974

© 2014-2019 Friends of Harmony Hall - Jacob Sloat House. PO Box 293, 15 Liberty Rock Rd. Sloatsburg, NY 10974 Web Design by MyDIGITALLY.COM